My Birthday Month, Food Trucks, & Homemade Holiday Treats

/
0 Comments




Today is a great day, this is the best month of the year. Why, do you ask?? It's my birthday month!! On the 21st of November I will be 31 years old. I love  my birthday. I love getting older, learning from all of my mistakes, and reflecting on my past. 



I'm in the best shape of my life, I'm working towards my true dreams, I'm in love, and I'm happier then I have ever been. I know I'm on the right track for the first time in my life. I feel comfortable in my skin, I get up everyday excited to see what the day is going to bring me. I feel blessed to be in the space that I am. 

As blessed as I feel, I also realize I am part of the reason I am so satisfied with life. I keep pushing myself out of my comfort zone and its paid off. I cook 3-4 days a week, I have a blog that is constantly growing, my business isn't exactly where I want it to be but I know it will get there. I have amazing people in my life that love and support me. I also have some haters, that I pray for every night. I think my beauty, power, and positivity is too much for them, but that's ok, they will also find their way. 

I don't have any big Birthday plans yet. That's not 100% true. I'm going to be in Maryland with my Father my birthday week. My boyfriend is going to fly out a few days before my birthday to hangout with us. My dad is my hero. He took the time to teach me right from wrong and always loved me unconditionally.

 Without him I wouldn't be me. I started sending him birthday cards on my birthday last year. It's a feat that I made it to 30, so every year, from now on, My Father and I will celebrate together. I got lucky, I got the best dad in the world, and I'm willing to share him with anyone that needs a Great Dad. Sometimes he doesn't say what you want to hear, but he is always honest, and he always listens to my opinions, right or wrong. 

Enough with the daddy stuff. I could talk about him all day and night. 



Lets Talk Food Trucks

There is a food truck revolution happening in the United States. Some cities don't embrace food trucks, I'm lucky that San Francisco is at the forefront of this revolution. 

Food trucks are tasty, creative, non-traditional, and adventurous. Talented chefs and home cooks have the opportunity to make good food and money out of a vehicle. Instead of trying to raise thousands of dollars and dealing with the stress of starting a new resturant, the inspired can purchase a truck and serve their creations to anyone that's willing to eat them. 

Larkspur has an "Off the Grid" every Sunday that I enjoy indulging in. 
 
"Off the Grid began in June of 2010 with the simple idea that grouping Street Food Vendors together similar to an "Asian nigh market" would crate an experience that would allow neighbors to connect with friends, and families to urban cores of cites, and that utilize spaces that are not easily activated effectively throughout the day." http://offthegridsf.com





 Most trucks have vegan, gluten free, and vegetarian options, which is a blessing to people like me. Yesterday I decided on a Tofu banh mia, a traditional Vietnamese sandwich, with an added fried egg. The sandwich was $7 and I couldn't finish half. 






 Lets talk Christmas Presents

I have never had a lot of money, and I love giving presents around the Holiday season, so I'm used to making handmade gifts for my friends and family and this year is no different.

This year I'm thinking about making homemade s'more kits, with homemade graham crackers and marshmallows. What do you think?  It will be a challenge, and you know I love a challenge. 





 I would love some feedback. Do you think this is a good idea, or too much trouble?
 

That's about it today friends. I have a lot of business to take care of, but my spirits are high so I'm sure I'll be smiling all day. 


Blessing my friends
Mary





You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *