Low Calorie Cheesy Toast & Healthy Lunches

/
0 Comments





I haven't been cooking as much as I usually do, but that doesn't mean I should deprive all of you. I'm going to make this recipe for mid-morning snack tomorrow. Check it out and tell me what you think. I looks great to me, cheesy bread that's low calorie, I can deal with that.


Fresh Tomato & Mozzarella on Toast

 
Ingredients

  • 1/2 French baguette sliced or your favorite low calorie bread 
  • 2 medium tomatoes
  • 1 & 1/2 cup shredded low sodium mozzarella cheese
  • Italian seasoning
  • Olive Oil
  • Balsamic Vinegar
  • Salt
  • Pepper

Directions 

  • Slice Tomatoes and french bread 
  • Toast the french bread in toaster
  • Place toasted french bread pieces on aluminum foil or baking pan
  • Put one layer of tomato slices on each piece of french bread (usually 1-1/2 to 2 tomato slices for each piece of toast
  • Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on top of each piece
  • Bake in oven or toaster oven until cheese is melted
  • Take out of oven and drizzle a small amount of alive oil and balsamic vinegar on top
  • Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and salt and peeper to taste on top
  • Enjoy

289.3 calories, 7.3g fat, 33.7g carbs, 14.2g Protein


This recipe works because tomatoes and Mozzarella cheese are both low in fat and calories. 

Mozzarella cheese has 4.8 grams of fat, and 78 calories, 0.8g carbs, 6.9g protein per slice.

French Baguettes have 180 calories, 1g fat, 26g carbs, and 6g protein per 2-2.5oz slices.

Tomatoes have 31.3 calories, 0.5g fat,6.9g carbs, and 1.3g protein per 1 cup.

I think this will be a great after work/school snack for all ages. I'm looking forward to tackling this tomorrow. 
 
Lets Talk Lunch
With my birthday about a week away, I've been doing everything I can to stay in shape. My lunches are now limited to salads, and anything else thats mostly green. This is fine with me, I love a great salad, you can get creative with them. 

Today I went to a local joint called 'Fish' in Sausaltio. It's a little pricey, but the seafood is fresh and sustainable, and I can get a healthy hearty lunches without much fuss. 

Today I ordered a tossed green salad with lime vinaigrette and grilled Halibut on top. I also split an order of sauteed turnips in olive oil with my bestie.



I was stuffed at the end of this meal.
If you can't tell by the pictures, lunch was great! 

Check out Fish if you are every in Sausalito, its a hidden gem.

350 Harbor Dr
Sausalito, CA 94965
425-331-3474

They only accept cash

That's all today my friends. This posit was short and sweet, just like me. Enjoy the rest of your day. 

Blessings
Mary



   
 

   



 



You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *