Healthy Eats

/
0 Comments

Hi All! Sorry about not posting yesterday. I dropped my phone and shattered the screen, and I wasn't near my computer all day. This is what I'm working with until I have time to get it fixed.

Not only is it annoying, I'm also worried about cutting myself on the glass, while trying to send a text or email. I should have it fixed by tomorrow.


Today is all about healthy recipes. I've been slacking on recipe sharing, and a few of you emailed me expressing your disappointment. I heard you loud and clear, enjoy....

 

I purchased a new cookbook and I'm already obsessed with it.

" The New ABs Diet Cookbook is different. It says yes to food, and shows you exactly what to eat to burn fat and build lean muscle. The backbone of this revolutionary diet is the Abs Diet Power 12, the healthiest, most satisfying foods on the planet. The New Abs Diet Cookbook uses these key food groups to put you in control of your nutrition, by cooking your own meals you'll consume fewer calories, drop pounds in just days and revamp your healthy - all without counting calories or fat grams."


You know I'm always looking for new ways to improve my diet and persuade my abdominals to come out of hiding. This is the first recipe I tried and it didn't disappoint.


Chips Oh Boy! Cookies

3 power foods are hidden in these delicious cookies

EGGS - WHOLE WHEAT - WALNUTS


1-1/4 cup whole wheat flour

1-1/4 cup unbleached flour

3/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup butter, softened

3/4 cup granulated sugar

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

2 eggs

1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

12 ounces dark chocolate chips

3/4 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, coat baking sheets with cooking spray

Mix the flours, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl

Beat the butter and sugars with a mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes

Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time. Beat in applesauce and vanilla

Add the flour mixture and mix until blended

Stir in Chocolate chips and walnuts

I made these for some friends so I omitted the walnuts

Drop rounded tablespoons of the dough onto the baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches between cookies.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.


Per cookie: 150 calories, 2g protein, 22 carbohydrates, 7g fat, 3.5g saturated fat, 85mg sodium, 1g fiber

These cookies were yummmmmmy. You can tell they are healthy, but they don't lack in flavor.

 

CBs Healthy Cream of Broccoli Soup

1 whole white Onion

Stew 2 large heads of Broccoli

4 cloves of garlic

2-1/2 cups

1/2 cup cottage cheese

1/2 cup greek yogurt


Put everything in a medium pot and boil until broccoli is cuttable but still bight green.


Drain off all water and put broccoli mixture into blender


Add greek yogurt and cottage cheese to blender and pulse for 10-15 seconds until creamy


Fun this recipe up with cheddar cheese, ground beef, grilled chicken, parmesan cheese, pines, the possibilities are endless.


Thats all today folks

I hope you enjoyed the recipes.

Blessings

Mary



 



You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *