Travel Day = Cheat Day, Realistic Thanksgiving Eating Tips

/
0 Comments

 

Today is the one of the busiest travel days of the year.

Guess where I am?

At the airport baby!

Partaking in the delays, lines, attitudes, and horrible east coast weather.


I really don't mind days like this. I love adventures, I love meeting new people and I love to travel, I'm 3 for 3 right now. The weird thing is I'm flying from Washington DC to Cleveland Ohio, it should be an hour and a half flight, but what it should be and what it is doesn't matchup at all.


There was a mechanical plane delay in DC which made me miss my connecting flight in Philadelphia. When I checked in with the flight desk I was told my connecting flight in Philadelphia was already canceled, and I was rebooked on a flight at 6:15pm. That turned a 3 hour travel day into a 7 hour travel day. Good thing I'm a positive person. I giggled when she told me, I think the lady was ready for me to go bat shit crazy on her; but that's not my style. Instead I'm spending my extra time reading, studying, blogging and eating.


I know thanksgiving is tomorrow, but I getting started today. It's nearly impossible for me to eat healthy on travel days. Especially when I'm traveling alone, no one is here to judge me or keep me in line. So far I'm keeping it mild, but that could change any minute.


I started my day off with my regular unsweetened, unflavored oatmeal with flaxseeds. As soon as I arrived at the airport I ordered a classic breakfast that consisted of eggs, potatoes, toast (of course I declined the meat product that usually comes with the meal). I happily devoured the scrambled eggs and avoided the over fried tasteless potatoes, and soggy toast. To finish off my eating adventure I ate half of a mini Cinnabon. I used to love Cinnabon, but this one was slightly disappointing. I wasn't surprised, food that I used to go crazy for doesn't really satisfy me anymore.


As soon as we landed in Philadelphia, 2 hours behind schedule, I promptly found a restaurant that I could get comfortable and waste a few hours. The plan is to eat enough to fill me for the rest of the night, since I'm arriving in Ohio so late, and I know it will be almost impossible to find a salad that my body will most defiantly be craving. The first round was a yummy chopped salad with arugula, apples, toasted pumpkin seeds and feta cheese, dressing on the side, of course with a nice big mug of hot chocolate.

All in all my travel day has been pretty cool. I love blogging and it's pretty time consuming, so I get to waste another hour and a half.

Alrighty enough about my travel day...


Let's Talk Healthy Thanksgiving Eating Tips


It's easy and familiar to get overwhelmed by the sheer volume of all the delicious and decadent holiday foods.


How do you enjoy yourself without completely killing your diet.

I hope these tips are helpful


Dark meat is ok

dark meat has slightly more calories than white meat, but it also has more vitamins and minerals. Cut the calories by avoiding the skin... If you can

Go easy on the gravy

Roasted turkey is a smart bet for the holidays, just don't get carried away with the gravy. It'll cost you about 20 calories per ounce. OUCH

High-Cal Calorie Casserole Alert

The base of these casseroles contains vitamin packed green beans that are smothered with cheese, cream and butter. Cut 50 calories by avoiding those yummy fried onions

Take control of the Mac and cheese

It's hard to avoid this gooey dish, but with several types of cheese, milk, and sometimes breadcrumbs, it's a complete diet fail. If you do indulge just take a small spoonful

Eat breakfast

Thanksgiving dinner is usually eaten in the afternoon, it's common to forget about breakfast since the threat of a massive meal is a sure thing. To battle the urge to fill your thanksgiving plate over and over again, make sure to eat breakfast.

* I suggest oatmeal since it expands in your stomach and keeps you fuller longer

All in all tomorrow is turkey day, you will probably over endulge and that's ok. This is the one day out of the year where that is ok. We wait for this day all year. Enjoy the day, eat to your hearts content, and be ready to sweat it off in the next few days.

Blessings friends

Mary


 


 



You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *