Hump Day Recipes

/
0 Comments
Toot's Chicken



Ingredients
1 pound chicken breast
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
2 cups extra light olive oil
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper


Preparation
1. Cut each chicken breasts into 3-4 thin slices and place in a plastic bag
2. Place small hand towel over bag of chicken and pound with a meat hammer
3. Remove chicken from bag and place in large mixing bowl
4. Add mustard to bowl and mix well, place chicken and mustard mixture to side
5. Heat olive oil to 350 degrees
6. Coat mustard covered chicken in bread crumbs
7. Fry chicken for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown
8. Drain chicken on rack over cookie sheet. DO NOT USE PAPER TOWELS TO DRAIN OIL


I no long consume meat but my boyfriend does. Since he is joining me on my quest to eat clean I like to surprise him with a little fried chicken once every 6 months. Frying in olive oil has never been a problem for me, but I have heard that frying with olive oil is not recommend, so you can adjust the recipe if you so desire. Thinning and pounding chicken makes it tender, and the mustard adds wonderful flavor. This is one of my boyfriend favorite recipe, I hope you enjoy.





You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *