Abs, Squats, & Polymetric exercises, all in a days work

/
0 Comments
Today is the first day of the rest of your life.


That’s my favorite quote because it reminds me that nothing last forever and everyday we have the chance to recreate ourselves.



I had a wonderful weekend. I got to see my nephew, he’s the cutest little boy in the entire world, and took my mother to get her first Thai Message. I’ve enjoyed the weekend and now and ready to tackle this week.



Lets talk challenges:

Squat Challenge Day 5, 5/17/13 (70 Squats)
Squat Challenge Day 6, 5/18/13 (75 Squats)
Squat Challenge Day 7, 5/19/13 (80 Squats)
Ab Challenge Day 5 completed on 5/17/13
Ab Challenge Day 6 completed on 5/18/13
Ab Challenge Day 7 completed on 5/19/13 


Progress Report Pictures and Video





 

Squat Challenge

Today is day 8 and it’s a rest day! Yay!! Yesterday I had to complete 85 squats. OMG it kicked my butt. I’m going to enjoy my rest day because tomorrow I have to do 100 squats, no breaks, good form, HELP!



Ab Challenge

I love this challenge, that’s crazy, but it’s true, I really enjoy this abdominal routine. It is challenging but defiantly doable. I’m finding myself getting tired towards the end of the routine, which is an improvement; I used to get tried by the 2-3 exercise. My favorite exercise is the roll V-Ups. When I first started I hated these things, they were awkward, and they hurt, but now I enjoy the challenge, I can keep good form, they are still very challenging but I’m very proud of myself when I complete this exercise. I add Planks to the challenge every other day, for that extra boost. So far so good, today is day 8 and I haven’t missed one day, yet I also can’t wait for this challenge to be over. With all the late night snacking I did this week I know the challenge is working because I don’t have a budda belly like I should. Thank god for this challenge.




I talked about not wanting to push myself last week, of being a little lazy when it came to my workouts. Today I’m ready to sweat. Ready for a challenge and ready to be proud of myself when the torture and pain is over. I plan on working out at my local park at least 2 times a week. I want to get outside of my house to sweat. I think it will be a lot more entertaining, then staring at myself in the mirror, and I know I will push myself harder because I will be around strangers. I also am looking to obtain more clients, usually when people see me working out they ask if I’m a personal trainer, and express the desire to get in shape. Hopefully I will be able to drum up some more business this week. 



Yesterday I got a Thai message with my mother. It was her first Thai Message, and my first this month. I get a message at least once a month, because I workout so hard my body likes to stiffen up on me, and I have some serious tightness in my butt, legs, and back. There is nothing like somebody walking on you and messaging your pressure points while working out your knots. If you haven’t tried a Thai message I urge you to go, they call it the rich mans yoga because of all the stretching that is involved in the message. It’s a different experience from laying on your back and having someone rub away your pain. They stretch, pull, and twist you until they are satisfied. It hurts soooo good. 



It's time to jump-start my exercise routine and I think I’m going to add a plyometric Cardio Circuit.



Plyometric are exercises that train fast muscle fibers and the nerves that activate them, which helps improve explosive strength. The exercises are typically hopping and jumping movements.



A lot of people use ploymetric exercises to enhance their cardiovascular fitness level.



Here are some reasons to try a plyometric cardio workout:

  • Adds challenge and intensity to your exercise routine
  • Enhances joint stability
  • Increases power in the body
  • Increases strength
  • Increases mobility and flexibility
  • Burn more calories and burns fat fast!



The two most popular and effective ploymetric cardio circuit programs are Insanity and PX90.

Currently I'm not planing on doing PX90 or Insanity, but if you know me then you know I might change my mind, so we shall see. 



I’m ready for a challenge, and this sounds like a good one to me. Give me luck!!!




You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *