Leaving Nashville & Goal Setting

/
0 Comments

I got my palm read in Nashville and I found out some pretty interesting things about myself. I'm not at liberty to share everything with all of you, but I can tell you that I'm not a positive person by accident. I was put on this earth to spread love. I've always felt that way, which is the main reason why I started this blog. My goal has always been to make people smile, to fill peoples heart and life with love and joy, nothing brings me more pleasure, nothing brings me more satisfaction.

All that being said, today I am going to talk you through one of my favorite exercises. I usually use this technique on the 2nd or 3rd meeting with my clients, but today you get enjoy some of my servies for free.

This exercise works. I'm living proof. It's not a magic pill, or easy way out. You still have to do all the work yourself, but I find that it gives you direction. Everyone can use more direction. As long as you follow my instructions, after this posting you will have some sort of outline, a small guide and reminder of your goals and aspriations.

What you need:

Pen or pencil

A few sheets of paper

That's it.


Directions

1) Try to quiet your mind, meditate, find a quiet place, relax, and take 15-20 deep breaths.

2) Remind yourself to be honest. If you are dishonest you will only be cheating yourself

*You should be alone for this entire exercise. NO DISTRACTIONS and NO TIME LIMIT

3) Once you have centered yourself and you are ready to be fully honest ask yourself this question:

4) Are you working toward the person you want to become

5) What is your answer? If the answer is yes... AWESOME!!! If the answer is no...AWESOME!!!

We all have to start somewhere. There is no right or wrong answer to this question. The goal is to be honest with yourself the entire time.

6) Now it's time to work, use your pencil and paper and write this at the top of the page... "What person do I want to become?"

For example:

I want to be intelligent. I want to make good decisions. I want to be in shape. I want to travel the world. I want to conquer all of my fears. I want to start a family. I want to change the world. I want to do yoga. I want to be a great cook. I want to fall in love. I want to love myself. I want to change my community. I want to inspire kids. I want to love my life. I want to speak 3 languages. I want to brush my teeth 3 times a day. I want to get massages every week. I want to read 1 book a month. I want to have amazing sex. I want to date somebody 'out of my league'. I want to love myself

*Notice I didn't say I want to learn how to do anything. Obviously everything you want to do will require learning new skills, it's not necessary to mention learning. I want firm true statments.

When I first did this exercise myself I filled up 5 pages front and back. If you can't fill up at least one page, take your time and keep thinking, maybe take a break for 24 hours and come back to it. Nothing is too big or too small to add. Just make sure you are being 100% honest with yourself. That is the only rule of this exercise.

7) Now that we are done dreaming, it's time to come back to reality. On another sheet of paper write this at the top of the page... "What do I need to do to reach these goals"

For example:

I want to be intelligent: I need to go back to college, maybe take an online course, or read more turtorials and books in the fields that interest me

I want to make good decisions: I need to figure out why I make bad decisions and strive to change the cycle

I want to be in shape: I need to eat healthier and exercise reguarly

I want to travel the world: I need to save money towards a trip, start exploring your own state, then move on to bigger and better things.

Some of your goals/dreams are not so easily obtainable ie: i want to fall in love.... ummm fall haha just kidding, the correct answer is: I need to learn how to love myself before I can expect anyone to love me. Try to only depend on yourself for these answers. Instead of waiting on your parents to send you on a trip around the world, start saving yourself. In the end we can only depend on ourselves, do not but your dreams in other peoples hands.

*This part always seems a little silly to me, but your laying the ground work for your future. You have created some real life goals and a "how to reach my goals" sheet.

*Not all goals will have a simple "I need to" answer, but that's ok. Just the fact that you wrote down the goal is 1/2 the battle.

8) On another piece of paper put your goals and instructions on how to reach these goals in order. 7 day goal deadline, 30 day goal deadline, 60 day goal deadline, 6 month goal deadline, 9 month goal deadline, 1 year goal deadline, and finally 5 year goal deadline.

Now you have created a road map to your future, to the future that is going to make you happy and satisfied with your life. I suggest posting these goals and insturctions somewhere you can see them and crossing them off as you accomplish them

This exercise inspired me to loose weight and change my life. It didn't happen over night, but I kept working at it, and i've reach most of the goals on my lists.

I hope you find this posting helpful. Life is what we make of it. Take control of your future and start working towards your dreams.

Blessings

Mary

 



You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *