Homemade Granola & My Abdominal Challenge

/
0 Comments


Lets Talk Healthy Cooking

This morning I woke up on a mission. I’ve been trying to make this granola called The Muscle Maker for the last week or so. I featured the recipe on my blog a week ago, I purchased all the ingredients but I never made the granola and I’ve been craving it.

Today was the day. I jumped out of bed at 7am and went straight to my kitchen ready to make some granola.

The recipe was easy to follow. Not only is it tasty and filling, but it made my kitchen smell like breakfast.

Enjoy!

The Muscle Maker

Vitamin E found in this granola’s nuts, apricots, and oatmeal speeds muscle recovery by fighting off the free radicals that multiply when you workout. Make a batch and enjoy it the rest of the week.

Non-Stick cooking spray
3 cups plain oatmeal I used steel cut oatmeal and it was perfect
½ cup walnuts
½ cup hazelnuts
1/3 cup sesame seeds
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
¼ cup canola oil
2 tablespoons orange juice
dash of salt
¼ cup dried apricots



Preheat oven to 300°F and coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray
In large bowl mix: oats, nuts, and seeds

In separate bowl stir: honey, sugar, oil, juice, and salt together


Combine the 2 bowls and spread mixture on the cookie sheet.
Bake about 20 minutes or until evenly browned. Let cool



Stir in apricots


Place granola in six airtight reseal-able plastic bags for easy retrieval

Makes 6 servings

Per serving: 370 calories, 19g fat, 2g sat fat, 47g carbs, 250mg sodium, 4g fiber, 6g protein


This is the best granola I’ve ever made, it is also the only granola I've ever made. I’m looking forward to spicing up this recipe, I would like to add almonds, cranberries, cinnamon, and maybe even some cayenne pepper. I love sweet and spicy granola.


Lets Talk Fitness

Always one to look for new ways to market myself, I’ve decided to put together a small booklet of my abdominal challenge.

The book will have color pictures, exercise break downs, explanations, and a check off list to keep track of your days, since it is a 30 day challenge.



This is usually what I send people when they want a copy of the challenge. Yes it works, yes it has all the information you will need, but I want to make it a lot more appealing and eye catching. 

I want to have this done by Sunday. I will have to relay on my graphic design skills, which is a plus for me, since I’m a pretty good graphic designer.

I need to get all my pictures done today. Wish me luck

That’s all today. Get back to work. : )

Blessings
Mary



You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *