I Rocked Sausalito's 35th Annual Chili Cook-Off

/
0 Comments
 


Lets Talk 
Sausalito’s 35th Annual Chili Cook-Off

I did it! My chili was tasty, my booth was creative, I networked with local residences, and I faced my fears. Enjoy the pictures... 

I cut up all of my vegetables the night before which was genius.




I’m so proud of myself for being brave and fearless. I got a good night sleep Friday night, woke up ready to seize the day and cook some chili. After 5 trips to the car and two stops for ice I finally showed up to the Dunphy Park, where the cook-off took place. 

As soon as I arrived everything got that much real(er). I realized I was about to cook 15 gallons of chili all by myself, which didn’t seem like a big deal until I saw the other teams had at least 8-15 people helping and I was all alone.



I unloaded my car and set up my “kitchen” area, then started browning my meat, which took about an hour.




After all the meat was done, it was time to cook my vegetables, that took 20 minutes.



Then it was time to add beans, tomatoes, and seasonings. By the time all of my ingredients were added it was past 10am and my friend arrived ready to work.




We spent the next hour setting up my booth.




Before I could take a deep breath it was time to serve chili. I wasn’t able to taste my chili but my helper and my customers let me know it was delicious.




I spent the next 4 hours passing out chili, talking about my business and networking with Sausalito residences.





My chili was amazing. It had a smoky flavor that wasn’t intimidating or too spicy. I also set out mild cheddar cheese, sour cream, and my famous hot sauce that I made the day before. I had an overwhelming response to my chili and my booth. People kept coming back for more chili, most of the day there was a line for my booth. At least 50 people told me I had the best chili at the event. I ran out of chili 45 minutes before the event was over. The people next to me had at least a few gallons left over, but not me, I had to scrape the bottom of my pots.




Sadly I didn’t place, I didn’t win any prizes, but that wasn’t the point. I won in my mind. I faced a fear and accomplished something out of my comfort zone. I met people, I passed out positive affirmations, I made wonderful connections, and I did it all by myself.

SO HAPPY!!!





By the end of the day I was pooped.




The breakdown

 

I plan on participating in the Chili Cook Off next year. I am proud of myself for taking on such a big challenge. When I first arrived at the park I didn’t want to unpack the car, I was nervous, a little scared, and very intimidated. But I thought about all of you. I thought about all the positive affirmations I post on my blog, how I tell people to get uncomfortable, be brave, try new things and believe in yourself, which is exactly what I did and it paid off. Now I know I can do anything I put my mind to.


I can’t wait to see what I get myself into next.



Blessings
Mary






You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *