All-Star Breakfasts

/
0 Comments

Wow! What a weekend, fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.




If you couldn’t tell by the pictures I had a blast these last few days. It was pretty heartbreaking to see my Niners loose to the Colts, but that’s a long conversation that will keep away from my blog.

This week I have two things to focus on: The chili Cook-off and eating clean in preparation for my photo-shoot. I’ll be doing crafts for the next 5 days, and I’m excited about it. I love crafts, I like creating things with my hands, and putting my own spin on the design. I know my booth will stand out at the Cook-Off, and my chili will knock everybody off  his or her feet.

Clean eating isn’t going to be hard, but I’m going to be exercising a lot of disciple this week, while getting creative with my food choices.

Lets Talk A.M. All-Star breakfasts:

These breakfast recipes can curb PMS, battle a cold and even help you with your memory, on top of the fact that they are good for you, what not to enjoy.

Studies show that eating breakfast can reduce your risk of heart attack, help you stay fit, and increase your brainpower.

The Energy Source
To stay up beat all day, experts suggest small, low calorie meals rich in Vitamin C, Iron, complex carbs, and protein. Enjoy the smoothie first, then devour the a midmorning sandwich.

Super Smoothie:
½ cup orange juice
½ cup soy milk
½ cup fresh strawberries (stems removed)
Blend ingredients on high for 1 minute or until smooth

Jolt Sandwich:
1 slice whole-grain bread
1 tbsp almond butter
1 tsp honey
Spread almond butter on galf the bread and drizzle with honey. Fold over.
For Both: 340 cals, 13g fat, g sat fat, 48g carbs, 270mg sodium, 6g fiber, 11g protein

The Heart Saver
Fiber-rich cereal will your heart and stomach happy. *Remember to drink lots of water with and after your meals. WARNING: This breakfast has almost all the fiber you need for the day. If this is your first time eating bran-rich foods skip the raspberries at first, add them as your body adjusts.

½ cup high-bran cereal like All Bran or Bran Buds
¼ cup fresh or frozen raspberries
1 cup plan organic yogurt (contains more fiber then milk)
Pour Cereal in a large cup, top with fruit and yogurt
 Per Serving: 310 cal, 1g fat (0g sat fat), 67g carbs, 320mg sodium, 25g fiber, 12g protein

 The Muscle Maker
Researchers at the University of Memphis found that vitamin E – founding granola’s nuts, apricots, and oatmeal – speeds muscle recovery by fighting off free radicals that multiply when you workout. *Make a batch on Sunday and enjoy it for the rest of the week.

Nonstick cooking spray
3 cups plain oatmeal
½ cup almonds and hazelnuts
1/3  cup sesame seeds
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
¼ cup canola oil
2 Tbsp orange juice
Dash of salt
¼ cup dried apricots diced
  • Preheat oven to 300°F and coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray
  • In large bowl mix oats, nuts, and seeds
  • In separate bowl stir honey, sugar, oil, juice, and salt together
  • Combine the 2 bowls and spread mixture on cookie sheet
  • Bake about 20 minutes or until evenly browned
  • Let cook
  • Stir in apricots then place granola in six airtight reseal-able plastic bags
Makes 6 servings
Per serving: 370 Cal, 19g fat (2g sat fat), 47g carbs, 250 mg sodium, 4g fiber, 6g protein




Reference: A Women’s Heath, Eat Great, Lost Weight Special Sept. 3rd 2013


Blessings!
Mary





You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *