Coding and Ankle Weights

/
0 Comments
Sugar Pie Honey Bunch



My heart goes out to all the victims of the Washington Naval Base Shooting. 



Today is the first day of the rest of my life and I'm ready to attack it with all the passion I have. 

Everything is in motion. I purchased my domain name and now I get to code, code, code.

A detail a lot of people don't know about me is while loosing weight I taught myself how to build websites. The plan was to earn a little extra money, but once the pounds started to fall I realized my passion for fitness, and web designing went on the back burner. Now I get to dust off my skills to pay these bills. 

Lets Talk about Ankle Weights



Ankle weights are cheap and effective. A simple pair of ankle weights can add a needed challenge to your current routine while getting you closer to the body your seeking. Once you know how to use them you can incorporate ankle weights into multiple exercises.

Killing your Legs

Adding resistance to your leg workout is not the same as using heavy weights or bulking up. Add weight to your workouts to fatigue your muscles. To grow stronger you must work muscles until they tire. 

TIP: Muscles burn more calories than fat, even at rest. Stronger leg muscles will boost your metabolism and help your weight management goals. 

Doing the same exercises the same way all the time will cause your body to adapt to movements and benefits will taper off. 

***Avoid walking with ankle weights. It can be harmful, according to the University of Kentucky. "Wearing ankle weights while walking places  too much stress on the ankle, knee, and hip joints while throwing off your alignment, which can lead to joint pain and damage. 

Rev Up Your Abdominal Game

Instead of doing a million crunches, wear ankle weights and perform bicycle exercises, reverse abdominal lifts and knee to chest exercise. When you use ankle weights like this it keeps your abdominal muscles contracted while maintaining a pelvic tilt throughout each exercise.

Tips:
Always complete exercise slowly with control, moving too quickly while wearing weights may cause back injuries. 

Ankle weights can help ease asthma or other breather problems when you rest them on your chest. Resting them on your chest is like strength training for  your respiratory muscles. While making them stronger and more efficient

***Before attempting this consult your health care provider to make sure weighted breathing is appropriate for you. 

Try these abdominal exercises with ankle weights. Start with light weights 3-5 pounds. Strap these bad boys to your ankles and complete 2 sets of 8 reps. I can surely tell the difference, I'm sure you will be able to also. 

Weighted Leg Circles


Weighted Windshield wipers


Weighted Crunch Frog 


Blessings
Mary 



You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *