Welcome to My Dirty 30s!

/
0 Comments
So sorry I have been out of touch for a week or so. I turned 30 on the 21st, then Thanksgiving came, and the next day I left for a weekend get away. All is well. I'm happy, healthy, and excited for life.

Surprisingly I didn't over eat on Thanksgiving, which is always a struggle for me. The fact that I have omitted meat from my diet helped curb the calorie count, but I did enjoy mash potatoes, gravy and all the fixings. Try not to be too hard on yourself this time of year. It's hard to refrain from all your favorite foods when family members and close friends are force feeding you. Try to control the other days. If you can find restrain on the other, non important, days leading up to the holidays it all evens out.

At work people are bringing in sweets, cookies, and pies that you "have" to try. At home a hearty meal during the winter season seems needed rather then a light salad. I myself wrestle with this every year. Staying on track for me consist of working out 5 to 6 days a week, eating a small breakfast, making sure to consume at least 1 apple day, and watching my calorie and sodium intake during dinner.

Take the time to figure out what staying on track looks like for you. Maybe it's exercising 2-3 days a week, or it's controlling your late night snacking. Whatever it is write it down and try to revisit it once a week. Hold your self accountable. You control what you consume. With a lot of effort, and an elevated sense self control you can stay on track during the holidays.

Don't beat yourself up when you fall of the healthy wagon. Just get back on. I used to beat myself up when I over ate. That's not what the holidays are about. Enjoy yourself, eat your favorite foods, reconnect with family, and hold yourself accountable.


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *