Detox Time

/
0 Comments

Hi friends

I'm still feel a little under the weather but I'm a woman, and I can't let that slow me down.

I've narrowed the list down to these gifts

I have to make around 30-35 of each thing, I'm so excited, but I'm also terrified. What if I make people sick? Or what if my presents look cheap and unappealing? What if I mess everything up and it was all a big expensive bust?

Oh well, there is no turning back now. I'm sticking to my guns and I'm going to do my best, which somehow always seems to be enough to get the job done.

Next weeks postings will be full of step by step instructions of how you can also get in on the fun and create this fun cheap gifts.

I'll share all my tips with you. Pray for me friends, it might be a bumpy ride.


Lets talk

Herbal Detoxes

A old high school friend contacted me a month or two ago asking are an herbal detox recipe. I totally spaced out and never got it to him. He nicely reminded me at the beginning of this week and I promise I would have it to him by Friday.

I figure I would go a step further and feature DIY herbal Detoxs on my blog. I figure its right up my alley.

Benefits of Detoxing

Since we are exposed to more chemicals, poisons, heavy metals, and pesticides now that any other generation before us, and its not going to stop anytime soon.

Eating processed foods that are filled with GMOs like corn and soy that are also sprayed heavily with glyphosate poison. We also load up on over the counter medications and antibiotics that rob our healthy and our gut, and we use chemical-laden health and beauty products that have all manner of sulfates, parabens, and other toxic chemicals in them.

That's just a small list of all the toxins we face on a regular bases.

The human body was not meant to handle all these poisons.

Herbal detox tea


This detox tea will give you a boost, it is strong and effective, it is also gentle enough to use regularly.

Herbs are the best! They impart many many wonderful qualities to our lives and bodies. It's like natures medicine cabinet that we need to take advantage of more often.

This particular blend is supposed to be tasty, it boosts your Vitamin C, supports you liver function and its simple

Simply blend equal parts

 

Dandelion root

Burdock root

Orange peel

Hibiscus flowers

Rose hips

Milk Thistle seed

cinnamon stick

You can find all of these wonderful ingredients are your local health food store. They usually sales these herbs in bulk.

She used 2 tablespoons of each herb, and it fit nicely in a pint jar.

One teaspoon will make a nice cup of teas. You can make an infusion as well, which is just as tasty. Make 2 big quart jar of tea at night, cover it, then let it sit all night. In the morning pour it over ice and add a few drips of your favorite sweetener (if you must) that way you can enjoy your tea throughout the day.

This detox is said to have effects on your face ad body acne within a could of days. The body starts releasing all manner if toxins and poisons.

**i have not tried this detox but I plan on trying it next week. I'll let you know how it goes.

Found at www.nourishesforfree.com


Herbal detox green tea bath

Put about 5 green tea bags in while running bath, you can also add flowers and a little milk to soften your skin.

The herbs can be absorbed through your skin and you can still get many of the benefits if a digestible detox.

You can get the benefits of green tea detox without drinking it.

www.makeovermcki.blogspot.com

Detox tea

A perfect start to the new year

Ginger is a powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, it also helps digestion. The lemon is so an anti-inflammatory and us a good source of vitamin C, which is ideal for a boost in winter. This is an excellent herbal tea sweetened with honey, anti-bacteria and oh so tasty.

*try to drink this tea without food

Recipe

2 tablespoon fresh ginger ( or fresh ginger thinly sliced)

1 freshly squeezed lemon juice

1 tablespoon honey

1/4 cup hot water

Heat water. Add it all ingredients and mix

Found at www.mylittlefabric.com

Liver Tonic

2 handful of Dandelion Greens

3 Carrots

1 cucumber

1/2 lemon peeled

Facebook.com/greenjuiceaday

Ginger cucumber detox juice

2 cucumbers

2 inch knob of ginger

1/2 lime

1 cup parsley

Dash of cayenne pepper

*if you like sweeter juice add some watermelon, cantaloupe, or honey few

Peel cucumbers, remove skin from lime, and turn in juicer. Juice parsley, ginger, lime, and cucumbers. Pour over ice and add a dash of cayenne pepper or more to your liking.


Detox duration and aftermath

Detoxs can be done many ways. 24 hours, 3 days, some even last 5-10-14 days.

Whatever you decided to two make sure not to push your limits.

I plan on only drinking the detox juice and restriction my diet to only fresh raw or lightly cooked plant-based meals, such as soups, steamed vegetables, salads, and smoothes for at least the next 3 days during and after the detox. Avoid meat and anything else that is difficult to process.

Your digestive system is very delicate while detoxing so take the next couple of days to let it get used to eating food.

Remember your body is now clean, so treat it well, and feed it healthy choices. This is not the time to celebrate with pizza, fried foods, desserts and other acid forming foods, it will only cause harm to your system and impede your progress to a healthy body.

Try not to revert back to your olds ways. This is about making changes and setting you up for success

**consume all recipes at your own risk

www.theholykale.com

That's all today folks

Blessings

Mary

 



You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *