How to Finger Loom

/
0 Comments
Happy Friday!!!

I'm not a parent, I don't have any kids, so I'm not around anyone under the age of 21 on a regular basis. I said all that to explain I'm a little out of the loop when it comes to the latest fads, toys, and trends. 

I was in Maryland visiting my Father for Easter and my little cousin came over for a visit. She's such a little cutie, I always enjoy spending time with her, watching her grow up into a beautiful young lady. Surprisingly she wasn't consumed by an iphone, computer, or the TV, she asked me if I knew how to loom. 

When I replied "No", I saw a little sparkle in those big beautiful brown eyes of hers. 

"Do you want to learn??" she asked eagerly. Before I could answer she grabbed her Grandmothers car keys and headed for the door, returning with a sandwich bag full of small colorful rubber bands and a huge smile on her face. 

That's where my love affair with looming was born. I've heard of looming, I actually looked into looming a scarf a few weeks ago. The day after she taught me I purchased over 500 of my own colorful rubber bands and I've created and given away a few of my creations. 

Today I'm teaching you how to finger loom. All you need are colorful rubber bands and plastic jewelry closures. If you go to your local craft store you will probably see a looming section towards the front of the store. 

I did a little research and learned that looming was voted 2014s "Toy of the Year." It's the latest craz on the playground and  with kids ranging from age 8 to 13. 

Enjoy the tutorial 


How to Fishtail Finger Loom 


Get all of your supplies
small colorful bands
plastic jewelry enclosures
your 2 favorite fingers



Take your first band and make a figure 8 around 2 of your fingers



Add 2 more bands on top, these are not figure 8s



Pull the band on the bottom up and over both sides of your fingers



Put another band on your 2 fingers


Now do the same thing as in step 4 and take the bottom one and pull it over your fingers on both sides



Then put another band on and keep pulling the bottom on up and over your fingers


Every few bands added you should pull the first band



Keep doing the same thing over and over until the bracelet reaches your desired length get your clip



Instead of adding a band pull the bottom bands on top of the top bands


Add the clip to one end



Then the other end



Done!



You just created a fishtail finger loom bracelet

Give them away as friendship bracelets or keep them for yourself and wear them as cute accessories. 

Enjoy your weekend!
Blessings,
Mary 




You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *