Soda & High Fructose Corn Syrup

/
0 Comments

First and foremost I want to share with my blogger family what a great weekend I had. My boyfriend had some college buddies in town, not only did I get to meet new people, but I know that I have created some lasting friendships.

What does soda really do to your body?

Everyone has had at least one soda in his or her lifetime. I will admit I’ve had my fair share of these sweet carbonated beverages. When I left for college I left my cravings for Pepsi at home. I do have a serious love for soda water, but I’m just not a traditional soda girl anymore, I would rather eat my calories then drink them; but I know that I’m one in a million.


Soda is big business; it raked in more than 100 billion last year. Few people go more than a day or two without a soda. It is considered one of America's most unhealthy habit.

How does Soda impact your body?

Weight
Drinking one soda a day equates to consuming 39 pounds of sugar a year.

Brain
Consuming too much sugar dulls the brain’s mechanism for telling you to stop eating.

Kidneys
High levels of phosphoric acid in colas have been linked to kidney stones and other renal problems.

Digestive System
Carbonation in soft drinks can cause gas, bloating, cramping, and exacerbate the effects of irritable bowel syndrome.

Bones
Soda has been linked to osteoporosis and bone density loss

Heart
Chronic diet and regular soda consumption leads to an increase risk of heart disease, including heart attack and stroke

Lungs
The more soda you drink the more likely you are to develop asthma or COPD

Teeth
High levels of acid in soda corrode your teeth



Lets take it a step further.

Most sodas are sweetened using High Fructose Corn Syrup

Lets check out how HFCS affects the body

Brain
HFCS increases mercury exposure, which effects brain function

Heart
HFCS can cause hypertension and elevated “bad” cholesterol levels

Liver
Consuming HFCS can increase the risk of developing Type-2 Diabetes and have long term liver damage

Weight
Regular consumption of HFCS can lead to weight gain and obesity.



I shared a lot of thought provoking facts. Take it in, swallow it, and think about it for a while. Maybe you love soda’s and you’re not ready to give them up. Moderation Moderation Moderation, everything is controllable in moderation. If you notice you consume 2-3 sodas a day, like the average American, challenge yourself drink one less soda a day. Check out this website for more soda facts and ideas on how to “kick the can” http://www.kickthecan.info



I’m trying this cleanse tomorrow. I’ll let you guys know if it works



Honey and cinnamon cleanse Every morning, on an empty stomach, half an hour before breakfast, and again at night before sleeping, drink honey and cinnamon powder boiled in one cup water. 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon and 2 teaspoons of honey in a cup of boiled water.

Typical claims of benefits that you will find for drinking this concoction include:
 
1. Inches will be lost before you will notice the scale creeping downward.

2. The cinnamon and honey cleanses parasites, fungus and bacteria out of the digestive tract.

3. You may experience side effects due to the release of toxicity.
   
4. You may experience increased energy, better sex drive and a better mood.
   
5. The formula will block your body from gaining fat.


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *