Just Another Day in New Orleans

/
0 Comments
Hi Friends,
Today was a special day for me. We had a loooong night last night on Bourbon Street in New Orleans, I've been here for the last 5 days and I don't think I ever want to leave. I've thrown all of my healthy eating habits out the window these pass few days and plan on getting back on track ASAP. I love indulging in local food when I travel, especially in New Orleans. The food can be very rich but that's half the fun of it.



I only got to exercise one day while I've been here. I did 2 hours on the elliptical and burned about 1000 calories. If I wake up in time I'm hoping to make it to a bikram yoga class tomorrow. I really need to sweat out all of the bad food I've put into my body. 

I didn't realize you are still allowed to smoke in establishments here and my hair and clothes were full of smoke when I woke up this morning. It's a small price to pay when enjoying the Big Easy.

Check out my new hat!! I picked it up on Magazine Street at the Funky Monkey. I freakin' love this thing!!! What do you think???


After our awesome shopping trip we changed and went to dinner at 
August a John Besh restaurant. It was super fancy with down home southern charm. The food was excellent, my favorite was the gnocchi and the field salad. They really celebrate the food at this establishment.

While enjoying our wonderful meal I noticed 
Kathy Bates was sitting a few tables away from me and instantly got overwhelmed. 

I had the pleasure of serving her about 8-9 years about when I was overweight and had giving up in life. She took the time to talk to me and told me I was wasting my time serving other people food. She told me I was beautiful and a star, that I had some serious potential and I could be anything I wanted to be. 

She sparked something in me that manifested into 100s of pounds in weight loss and me to actually follow my dreams. I knew I had to thank her, but didn't want to interrupt and intrude on her meal.

My waitress had the great idea of writing her a note and put one of Mrs. Bates drinks on my bill. I took my time to write a heart felt note that the waitstaff delivered to her at the end of her meal.

That's when the stars aligned and magic happened. The wonderful Kathy Bates came to my table and asked me if I wrote the note. I told her I did and she leaned in close asking me to further the explain our first meeting. I told her I served her and she told me I could so better, she sparked serious change in my life. I tried to hold back the tears but ended up crying in the middle of my story. She was touched and replied "
I was brave enough to say that!" in a thick Southern accent.
Then she said " I believe God put me on the earth to play roles" she also told me I was a stunningly beautiful woman. With 
tears in her eyes as we embraced and Mrs. Bates again walked out of my life. She rekindled that old spark, inspiring me to do everything in my power to reach my dreams. 

I was dining with my boyfriend and another couple, we were all in tears after the exchange.

I really can't say anything else about the situation, as I'm typing my eyes are filling with tears, happy tears. I've come a mighty long way and I'm still not there yet.

Thanks for evolving with me!

Peace & Love,
Mary 





You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *