Cauliflower Crust Pizza

/
0 Comments
Cello Friends,

I know I say this all the time, if you know me you know I'm an annoyingly positive person... Today is a great day! I woke up around 7am, did my Daily Burn workout, then off to bikram yoga where I sweat like a pig. My Daily burn workout is getting easier to complete. I went through the routine faster then ever but I'm still sweating bullets by the 2nd sets which is AWESOME!!! I think you guys will really enjoy adding some extra workouts to your daily routine. I'm also working on some speed ladder drills to feature in the upcoming weeks. 

I'm keeping this one short and simple since I have a lot of marketing to do today. I made a cauliflower crust pizza last weekend and it was delicious, scrumptious, decadent and actually healthy. 

I've featured this recipe before but it was nowhere near as good as this version. 

Enjoy!


Cauliflower Crust Pizza

Click here for printable version

Gluten free - grain free
recipe found at www.tastykitchen.com

30-45 minutes 
Serves 2

1 small head of cauliflower
1/4 cups parmesan cheese
1/3 cups mozzarella cheese
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
red pepper flakes
1 whole egg
Tomato Sauce
Toppings for pizza















Place cookie sheet or pizza stone in oven
Preheat oven to 450 degrees

Wash cauliflower and cut off florets 
Pulse in food processor or blender for 30 seconds or use smallest grater I used a grater it was easier with less clean up 

Process or grate until you cauliflower is fine

Cover and microwave for 4 minutes 

Place cooked cauliflower onto clean thin town and allow it to cool for up to 5 minutes 

Once cauliflower is cool enough to handle wrap it in dish towel I used cheese cloth and a dish towel 
Try to squeeze out as much water as possible

Place squeezed cauliflower into a bowl 
Add parmesan, mozzarella, salt, pepper, dried basil, garlic powder and red pepper

Whisk egg and add to cauliflower mixture
Use hands to work it in 

Once mixed together use hands to form the dough into a crust on oiled parchment paper

Pat down until its tightly formed together try not to make it too thick or too thin

Carefully slide parchment paper onto your hot baking sheet and bake for 8-11 minutes until it starts turing golden brown
Remove from oven

Add sauce, cheese and any topping you would like
I added caramelized onions and chili flakes

Place pizza back in hot oven and cook for 5-7 more minutes until cheese is melted, bubbly and slightly golden

Let cool for 2-3 minutes  - this helps the crust keep it’s form


You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *