Fiber Rich Minestrone Soup

/
0 Comments
Hi Friends!!!

Deep deep down inside I'm still a little kid. Left to my own devices I stay up late, eat bad food, and cuss like a sailor. My boyfriend is starting a new business so I've been spending a lot of time by myself these last few weeks. Last night I staid up until 3am looking at Mason Jar ideas on Pinterest and searching my Rent the Runway app. We are attending a formal wedding in Miami on January 4th. I'm pretty excited about this one, I will get to see my man in a tux and I'm going to wear a expensive gown. I'm super nervous about renting a dress online, but I've only hear great things about this service so I'm going to bite the bullet and try it out. Plus I don't have $200 to spend on a dress I will only wear once. 

It's between these dress. I would love your opinion on which one you guys like the best. I'm thick voluptuous woman, with a big, high, and tight butt, a small waist and some serious boobs up top. It's hard finding dresses that accent my curves without making me look like a prostitute. That's another reason why I'm going with Rent the Runway, all the dresses I've found thus far look cheap or make me look cheap. I will never complain about my coke bottle figure I just wish people designed dresses for my body type.

I still haven't decided which dress I'm going to rent. I might even try to pull off a short dress. Who knows. 

Last night I made the most delicious Minestrone soup. It was quick, easy and feels like a Mom made it with a lots of love and care. The soup is super hearty, great for the winter time and full of fiber. I had one bowl and decided to eat another serving straight out of the pot, it was that good. The weather is perfect for such a delightfully hearty soup. The broth is also super tasty, I had to add a little more seasoning so I amended the recipe to reflect my changes. I need bold, in your face flavors, passive flavors don't make this blog. 





2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 medium leek, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (15-oz) can diced tomatoes
1 bay leaf
8 cups vegetable broth
1 cup whole wheat pasta shells
3 medium carrots, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
2 celery stalks, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
1 bunch red Swiss Chard, washed and sliced into large strips
1 medium zucchini, diced
1 medium white onion, roughly chopped
1 cup small red onions, peeled and left whole
1 (15-oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Salt and pepper

In large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat, add leeks cook until softened, about 5 minutes
Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute

Add can of tomatoes (with juice) and allow it to cook down for about 5 minutes until juice thickens

Add bay leaf and vegetable broth and bring the soup to a boil


Add pasta, carrots, red onions, while onions, and celery and cook for 5 minutes

Add Swiss chard, cabbage, zucchini, and chickpeas, cook until zucchini softens but still has a crunch, about 5 minutes
Remove bay leaf and discard

Season with salt and pepper 

You have to try this soup! It was excellent. I'm having a bowl for breakfast right now. 


That's all I have for you guys today,
Peace & Love, 
Mary 





You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *