Happy Hump Day Recipes

/
0 Comments
 I am on a mission to cook, edit, and consume low calorie recipes at least two to three times a week. 

Today I’m featuring Garlic and Herb Fried Red Snapper


Garlic and Herb Fried Red Snapper


The red snapper is featured with a sweet baked potato and orange endive salad 

Ingredients

1 cup pinko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil 
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 garlic clove minced
2 large eggs beaten
2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
6 (6oz) red snapper fillets
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
Cooking spray

Preparation
  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
  2. Combine Planko, basil, parsley, onion powder, garlic in a shallow dish
  3. Combine eggs in a shallow dish
  4. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper
  5. Dredge fish in flour
  6. Dip in egg mixture
  7. Dress in panko mixture
  8. Line 1 cookie sheet with foil, spray generously with cooking spray
  9. Place coated fish on cookie sheet, Spray fish generously with cooking spray
  10. Place fish in oven at 450 degrees for 6-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a   Fork

I around the age of 12 my mother decided the family was gaining too much weight and started cooking healthier foods,  with healthier techniques. This was around the first time that I was introduced to oven frying. I enjoy oven frying pretty much anything, but this fish was excellent. By combining herbs, and garlic to the panko crust it added a lot more flavor to the red snapper. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. 

Try it out and let me know what you think! 


Original recipe by: Cooking Light

Adjusted with Love by: Me!

Nutrition Facts
Serving Per Recipe: 4-5
Amount Per Serving
293              Calories
9.6g             Fat
39g              Protein
9.2g             Carbohydrates
0.5g             Fiber




You may also like

No comments:

About

My name is Mary! I was obese for most of my life, around 7 years ago I decided to take control of my life and successfully lost over 150 pounds. But that's just the beginning of my journey. Join me as I evolve into the person I was born to become. I love to cook, craft, read, and make people smile. I'm happy you've stumbled on by. Let’s Evolve Together.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *